Saturday, May 7, 2016

Target Start Date Next Wekk

I called our mail service today. Our mail will be sent out Monday, including my Richard Simmons orders from ebay, so I have an offi.cial target start date for Wednesday or Thursday of the coming week. 
I was going to make chicken last night. A recipe I found online that was 492 cals for a boneless, skinless chicken breast with mushrooms, onions, etc. I was going to have 1/2 it with some low cal cottage cheese, and save the other half for lunch or dinner today. That did not happen. I couldn't get the stove lit (we have a propane stove on board the boat). Keith couldn't find the problem because of his cataracts, so I fixed him a couple hot dogs in the nuker. I was going to make up some tuna, but I just didn't get around to it, and so dinner went by the wayside for me last night.
I know, I know. Not wise. Unhealthy. I was just feeling very fatigued last night. Believe me, this will not always happen.
Keith did get the propane going first thing this morning, so dinner is, once again, on for tonight. I did have 2 oz. of fruit juice this morning. Lunch will be a slice of bread w/tuna, low cal cottage cheese and some watermelon chunks. 
I spent some time cleaning out the ice box. I threw away two grocery bags of stuff - old, expired, multiple stuff not needed and taking up space. 
The ice box has always been a thorn in my side from day one of buying the boat. At first it was just an ice box with no refrigeration. That meant loading it with ice to keep things cold - and cleaning it out when the ice melted. Keith added refrigeration the following year, along with a raised insulated flooring that slightly slopes and causes everything to slide forward. The small freezer section to the refrigeration unit was attached to the inside top of the ice box, taking up at least 1/3 of the space I once had for storage. Since the conversion, organization has been a royal pain. Usually, it's digging to find what I need, and reorganizing every week. 
My other concern, beside the ice box, is vegies. See, I have no teeth. I lost them all when we were team driving (story for another time). Vegies are difficult for me to eat right now. I can east canned corn and green beans, but cauliflower and broccoli are out. So are carrots. I don't like peas and spinach, but I can eat canned squash. 
I am going to have to experiment with fresh vegies, steamed or nuked, to see if I can eat them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment