Sunday, May 15, 2016

Maintaining and More Porridge

I missed posting yesterday, but weekends will be like that from time to time. It's not that we're doing anything exciting, it's just that Keith is staying on the boat more often on the weekends to work on the dinghy. Naturally, this takes up more of my time.
Last night we finished up the last of the Tex Mex Tuna Casserole. I liked it just the way it was, but Keith added salt and pepper to his portion. 
One night I added green beans, the next, a can of squash and onions, and last night, a can of red beans and rice. Keith had 3/4 of the can whereas I had the rest. 
Tonight I will be making up some chicken I have in the freezer section. After that, I will need to plan my next menu's. 
So far, we had had three mornings of Summer Porridge - Maple Blueberry, Almond Mango, and Apple Cinnamon. Since we like them all, we rate them by listing our top preferences. We both agree - 1) Maple Blueberry 2) Apple Cinnamon, and 3) Almond Mango. 
I will be making the Maple Blueberry again tonight as I need one more ingredient for the Mandarin Orange Porridge. Also, we will give the Mocha, and Pineapple Coconut a try, although I'm not sure if Keith will try the latter. He's not a big coconut fan.
I'm doing pretty good at melding my caloric intake with the food card allotments from Deal A Meal, but I do struggle with the dairy cards. An allotment of only two a day makes it difficult to plan any other dairy into the day when I have the porridge in the morning. However, I do not use all of my allotment cards with the meals so far planned. In fact, if I used every protein card and starch card I'm allowed, I'd be wallowing on the bed feeling like Porky Pig. 
I do need to up my vegie intake, though. I'm not getting near enough vegies in my diet right now.
I need to veer away from the low cal cottage cheese for a side dish for dinner, and add vegie's in its place.

No comments:

Post a Comment