Friday, May 13, 2016

I have a Winning Breakfast

I have found my new breakfast. Last night I made my first ever Summer Porridge (recipe from the blog "The Yummy Life"), Maple Blueberry. 
As the fresh blueberries were so expensive (10 bucks for three very small plastic containers), I opted for the frozen, patting them dry on a paper towel. 
Surprisingly easy to put together in my small galley, I set them on the freezer shelf in the ice box (our freezer section does not have a door, so the stuff in it just stays super cold, very rarely freezes anything). This made them just the right consistency for this morning's breakfast. 
So, this was my review of them on my fb page:

So, about an hour ago, I ate my first ever Summer Porridge. I am reposting the link below. Last night I made the Maple Blueberry. 215 Calories, 4 g fat, 48 g carbs, 8 g fiber, 12 g protein. I placed mine on the freezer shelf of our ice box for maximum cold without freezing. Our freezer section is open - no door. The porridge solidified perfectly. So, I took my first bite. hmmm...emmm....another bite.....oooooo.......gobble, gobble.....gobble. We have a winner. My new breakfast. Refreshing, delicious, healthy, good calorie range. A little high on the carbs, but I'll survive. I can't wait to try the other flavors. Tomorrow will be the apple cinnamon. Keith came back to the boat and had his serving. I had to laugh as he cautiously tried a small spoonful, than a bigger spoonful.......and ate it all up. The Summer porridge is two thumbs up from the both of us. Keith says he still prefers his eggs and bacon, though. Fine, as long as he eats the porridge at least 3 times a week because chia seeds are heart healthy with Omega 3 fatty acids. Good for both of us.



Next time I make the Maple Blueberry, I will 

top them with extra blueberries before 

putting them in the icebox.

So, that was my breakfast. I don't have an

equivalent for my R.S. food program, so I 

had to guess. I used 1 protein, 1 starch, 1 

fruit, 1 fat, and 1 dairy.  A lot of cards, I know,

but so well worth it. 

As for the chia seeds - didn't even taste 

them. 

For lunch today, I had my usual tuna 

sandwich on 1 slice of whole grain bread, 

and about 8 grapes.

Dinner will be the Tex Mex Tuna Casserole

with vegie and lo cal cottage cheese (last

night I nuked some canned green beans with

a tablespoon of diet butter and no salt Mrs. 

Dash). Tonight, I probably will do the canned

squash.  

Things are right on track.


No comments:

Post a Comment