Thursday, August 8, 2013

Food Diary for the 8th of August.

Okay, I'll say it straight out - I blew it at dinner. I'll explain in a minute, but I know I blew it. I am so full I can barely move......and my stomach aches a little.
This morning I started with a new smoothie.....chunks of a whole apple, cut-up banana, greek yougurt, vanilla almond milk and cinnamon. It's called a breakfast smoothie and I really liked it, so I will be alternating smoothies each morning for variety. 
At lunch I had Greek Yogurt with pear. That was all. I am thinking about replacing some lunches with a smoothie as they tend to keep my energy up and alert for at least 3-4 hours. 
Dinner was the problem. Keith wanted to go to Fathom's for Karaoke, so we had dinner there. I had the grilled grouper with new potatoes (cut in chunks), green beans and toast. I ate the whole thing, plus had 3-4 bud lite lime beers (bottle). 
What I should have done was east one grouper filet (they had 3 on the plate - palm size), no tartar sauce (2 small plastic cups of about 1-2 tblsp of which I had most of it from both cups) and just drizzled the one fillet with lemon, eaten only half the potatoes (I'd say the serving was about a cup) and all the green beans would've been okay. But I should have eaten only 1/2 slice of the toast which was a whole slice cut in half. I also should've have nursed just one beer the whole time we were there (which was about 2 hours).
That's what I should have done - but I didn't. So, now I am suffering for it in the short-term and it will definitely have an effect on the long term.
Needless to say, I won't be snacking tonight and will only drink water. 
I can't wait to get back to normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment