Thursday, August 8, 2013

Food Diary for the 6th of August

Okay, I have a bit of a correction to make. Yesterday's blog post was actually for the 5th of August. I had written it on the 5th but I hit the save button instead of the Publish button and it saved as a draft instead of a post. 
My food intake for the 6th was the same as the 5th, except the pork was shredded with bbq sauce added on a hamburger bun and a small (maybe a 1/4 cup) of the pork bbq on the plate. 
Last night I was so tired, I was literally falling asleep at the computer. I didn't do any blogging on any of my blogs and went to bed at about 10:45 pm. I really didn't fall asleep until about 11 pm though. I woke up at 4:27 am.
I know why, too. Keith turns the thermostat up on the a/c at night when he thinks it's too cold. The a/c goes off less, stays on less time and stays off longer. It gets hot and humid in the cabin. I cannot sleep in those conditions whereas he sleeps like a baby in them. I end up waking up sweating to death. Once awake, I can't go back to sleep in those conditions. If I do fall asleep before he wakes up (and this is after I've been awake all night long with no sleep at all), he will wake up in the morning and, oftentimes, just turn the a/c off.  Than I end up waking up after only 2-3 hours sleep.  I have talked to him about leaving the a/c alone and just cover up with a blanket, but, so far, he totally ignores what I ask - which is normal, actually.
A/C marine units are difficult to regulate an even temp in the cabin. If certain hours of the day or night are hotter than other times of the day or night, the a/c setting will seem higher than before. Keith thinks he can regulate the temps by constantly turning the thermostat up or down. It just doesn't work that way. It gets hot and humid and I don't get any sleep and we end up with rotten food (like whatever it is that I'm smelling now that's rotted in the humidity - hope its not my banana's. Unfortunately, I can't do anything about it until Keith wakes up first. If he wakes up because I'm making noise, he gets in a bad mood for the rest of the day and his work is filled with "mistakes" because he's tired and grumpy which puts him in a worse mood. That's normal for any one, I think. I just don't like being on the receiving end of the grumpy.

So, my food diary for the 7th of August was:

Breakfast - a Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Lunch - Greek Yougurt w/ pineapple
Dinner - leftover Pork Tenderloin with cream of celery soup gravy and canned squash, a slice of bread and water. I did have a double portion of the pork, though. I was a bit hungry.

Later tonight, I will post again my food diary for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment