Friday, August 9, 2013

August 9 food diary

Started the day with a PBB Smoothie, which was flavorful and satisfying, as have all of them. Lunch was only a Chiboni Greek Yogurt w/pears.
By 4pm I became tired and fell asleep, waking up at 8:30 pm. I had put a whole chicken in the slow cooker seasoned only with Mrs. Dash and Minced Onion. I had the chicken for dinner along with a can of Tomato, Okra and Corn. I also had a can of New Potatoes that I nuked w/ light butter and Dried Green Onion for garnish. My plate had chicken, about 3 spoonfuls (dinner spoon) of vegie, and about 3 potatoes (these were small and round - about golf ball size) and bread w/ butter. To drink, I had a cup of Vanilla Almond Milk.
Last night I fell asleep about 11 pm and woke up at 3 am. It was hot and humid, as usual. I did not go back to sleep.
I am now thinking it is just the weather that has my sleep hours messed up. I recall in Port Isabel, the same thing happened when we were without a/c for a while. With keith turning up or turning off the a/c at night, I could be experiencing the same thing as I did in PI.
I will just have to wait for the Fall weather to see if my hours turn back around, I guess. Keith doesn't listen to me and continues to regulate the temp for his comfort - not ours (as in a compromise). For now, he is not happy with me because I'm sleeping when I should be getting dinner for him. So, the stress between us has been kind of high the past few days.
He's not completely supportive in my goal of healthier living. He gets what I ask for at the IGA, but he shows disinterest in any conversation of changing my food habits. As always in anything that is of interest to me, he expresses more negative than positive. So, I guess I must do this on my own and try to deal with the stress it causes between us as best I can. 
Keith's way has always been - if it's of no interest to him, he does not care to talk about it or anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment