Saturday, June 4, 2016

Two New Cookbooks, PB2 and Meal Planning

So, last week (or was it the week before?), my two new R.S. Cookbooks arrived. 
The Never Say Diet cookbook I am saving for when I get within 10 lbs or less of my goal weight. Essentially, it is a cookbook for maintaining a healthy eat-style plan. It does not include calorie/nutrition counts, so I will make recipes from it with a maintenance weight goal in mind.
The other R.S. cookbook, Farewell to Fat, seems to have a combo of weight loss and maintenance recipes. It does come with calorie counts, so I will be looking at new recipes in this book to increase my variety in food for my weight loss plan.
My PB2 and PB2 with chocolate also arrived in the mail. I used the PB2 with chocolate in one of my porridge recipes, using the basic ingredients from "the yummy life" blog, then adding 2 Tblsp of PB2 with chocolate, 1 Tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla extract. It can be refrigerated overnight, and add sliced strawberries or banana's before eating. I ate mine just plain - no added fruit and liked it very much. 
I'm getting pretty good getting into the habit of the meal plan concept. The other night I made the Baja Lasagna again. The last time I made it, I had to sub the chilies and ready cut tomatoes with mild Pace Picante sauce. This time I had the chilies and tomatoes, but no mushrooms. Since I plan on making it a regular menu meal, I know one of these days I'll be able to include all the ingredients.
This coming week I will concentrate on better planning ahead the recipes to make for the meal plan. Keith and I like variety, so I will probably print up a calendar to plan recipes for about two weeks or more in advance. 
Still struggling with getting the vegies into the diet. I am getting a bit of carrots in my current juice intake as I bought a carrot blend juice. It's not my favorite juice, but it's doable.
Variety in side dishes have also become a bit of a challenge. The hot temperatures of summer approaching keeps me craving cooler dishes - mostly cottage cheese and fruit. It's been okay, and just the main dish and c.c. and fruit has pretty much filled me up. Still - we do like variety.
It's funny. When I am standing or laying down, I can feel the change in my body of shedding some of these excess pounds. But when I'm sitting - not so much. It's a bizarre feeling, really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment